Every baby is a gift, even if the wrapping is a little different.



Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Speech Therapy: Awesome

We had our first speech therapy session on Monday. It was a-ma-zing. I'm thrilled. The therapist had emailed me a report from her evaluation a few weeks ago. I wasn't surprised by her findings, but I was shocked to see a set of goals to be met in 3 months, 6 months, and 9 months. Realistic goals and a plan to meet those goals. Wow! I've never had a therapist do this. We have goals and ways to meet them. I feel so invigorated. Like my son will actually talk at some point. I am a total list person. So a list of goals is perfect for me. Concrete plans. I love it! I am so energized and excited to see what happens. We have been working on tongue/mouth movements as well as sound cues. I give my son a visible cue and then he repeats the sound associated with that cue. He's been doing great and is even making some of the sounds without the cues. We're already making progress. Wish I'd found this therapist years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :).