Every baby is a gift, even if the wrapping is a little different.



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Puzzle

On Sunday, my son was playing with an unfamiliar wooden puzzle board. He removed all the pieces. Each one was a different shape. I watched him do this and then turned the board 1/4 turn so it was different when he looked at it. He grabbed each puzzle piece and placed it in the correct position on the puzzle board. After each placement, he stopped and gave me the thumbs up sign. I was surprised to see him put every shape in its correct place.

Yesterday, he was working on the computer and he was supposed to place the letters in the right place to form a word on the screen. Each letter was placed on a shape and below the letters there was the corresponding shapes without the letter. I watched him click on each shape and place it in the right order making a word. Now, I'm sure he wasn't reading the word or doing it correctly because he can spell, it was because he recognized the shapes and could match them. I think that's impressive.

He continues to surprise me. Today, he not only surprised me, but annoyed me when he found, launched, and then installed Norton Antivirus software on two of our computers. The problem? We use Trend Micro Antivirus and the two programs fought each other enough that it disabled both computers. I have no idea how he found Norton nor how he installed it since I have no idea how to do it, but he figured it out. He's quite the genius when it comes to electronics.

Yet, he's not potty-trained. He's a puzzle, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :).