Every baby is a gift, even if the wrapping is a little different.



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Potty Training Update

We're still working on potty training. My son will sit on the potty each morning. He likes to see a doll use the potty first so I "feed" the baby and then let it go potty on the toilet. He then jumps up on the seat and sits there while I read him books. He hasn't actually gone potty yet, but he knows what it means when I say, "Let's go potty." He'll sit there for awhile and he understands that afterwards he needs to flush the toilet and wash his hands. He isn't afraid of the toilet which is progress for him.

I read short book on potty training in one day. It isn't really in one day because you spend a few weeks ahead of time preparing for the "big day" and then you spend a few weeks, or even months, afterwards cleaning up accidents and following up on using the toilet. For my other 9 kids I've just waited until they were ready and looked for signs that they could understand. Since my youngest has had dry diapers and points to his diaper when he wets, I think he's getting ready.

We also watch potty training DVDs and sing songs about it.

It's slow going, but he'll get there. Meanwhile, we'll read a lot of books and sing a lot of songs together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by :).